Types of Personal Information That We May Collect
Information You Provide to Us
In order to receive our services or interact with us (e.g., as an investor, job applicant or third-party service provider), you may provide us Personal Information, including your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other information. You may provide that Personal Information to us by various means, including our website, via email directly or through a subscription process.
Information We Collect or Generate About You
We may produce a record of our relationship with you and any Personal Information that you provide during telephone and email communications with us. We may update and maintain that record for a period of time.
Information We Obtain From Other Sources
We may obtain information from your agents and advisers and from third parties and public sources that we use to verify your identity or to confirm your eligibility to use our services in accordance with our legal obligations. If you visit our website, we may also obtain information through our website. See “Information Collected from Our Website.”
Information Collected from Our Website
If you communicate with us through this website (e.g., through email), SVPGlobal may receive Personal Information that you choose to share with us. Additionally, if you elect to enter the password-protected area of the website, then (a) our website will recognize who you are and will collect all information that you submit and (b) any information collected about you from our website may be associated with other information that SVPGlobal has collected from other sources about you.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- communicate with you (and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your explicit consent to do so);
- personalize your experience on our website;
- operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our business (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our website, products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications;
- maintain and enhance the safety and security of our website and prevent misuse;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies.
In compliance with relevant law, we may retain information as needed or appropriate to serve our legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information within SVPGlobal
In order to provide you with efficient and reliable services, SVPGlobal may share your Personal Information with our affiliates as required or permitted by applicable law.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We do not disclose Personal Information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. In the normal course of providing services, we may disclose certain Personal Information to:
- broker-dealers that provide trade execution services, custodians that provide custody services and other business services providers in connection with investment decisions, with respect to an investment account that you hold with us (or one of our funds) and/or to enable us to provide services and operate our business;
- advisers (e.g., auditors, legal counsel and tax advisers) to SVPGlobal relating to or in connection with the operation of our business, compliance with our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations and/or your investments with us; and
- law enforcement agencies, regulatory or tax authorities and other governmental or public agencies or authorities in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations or at their request in furtherance of their objectives.
If we disclose your information to a private non-regulatory organization, SVPGlobal requires that these companies agree to (a) maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and (b) limit the use of such Personal Information to the purposes for which it was provided. Furthermore, in compliance with privacy laws, we also provide our opt-out lists to non-affiliated third party companies so that they can be suppressed from the communications those companies send on SVPGlobal’s behalf.
Notice to Persons Located in the European Economic Union
Under applicable EU data protection laws and regulations, if you are a person who is located in the EEA, you are entitled to certain rights. Please see our GDPR Privacy Notice. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should contact SVPGlobal’s Legal and Compliance Department at the address below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority.
Notice to Investors and Prospective Investors in Cayman Islands-domiciled Funds
Under The Cayman Islands Data Protection Law, 2017 (the “Cayman Islands DPL”), if you are an investor or a perspective investor who has submitted Personal Information to one of our funds incorporated or formed in the Cayman Islands, you are entitled to certain rights under the Cayman Islands DPL. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should contact SVPGlobal’s Legal and Compliance Department at the address below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your Personal Information with the Cayman Islands data protection authority. Please see our Cayman Islands Privacy Notice.
Safeguarding of Information
SVPGlobal maintains reasonable standards of confidentiality and security for this website and the Personal Information collected from this website. These standards are designed to safeguard such information against loss or theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Only SVPGlobal employees who need to know your Personal Information are authorized to access such information, and SVPGlobal also requires its affiliates and service providers to limit employee access to the data. Despite our reasonable efforts, it is possible that someone may intercept or access communications, transmissions and/or Personal Information. Furthermore, if you access this website from a country with strict data protection laws you should be aware that, by interacting with this website, you may be sending information about yourself to SVPGlobal in the United States of America or other countries which do not have strict data protection laws.
Strategic Value Partners, LLC
100 West Putnam Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830
Attn: General Counsel
Copyright © 2019 Strategic Value Partners, LLC. All rights reserved.